With the holidays approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to not only clear up some extra space this time of year but to also *hopefully* get some extra cash. This year I cleaned out my closet before Thanksgiving and am taking items to Clothes Mentor, Good Will, or selling them on Poshmark.
Here is a before shot of my closet from tonight!
Here are my tips for a pre-New Year closet clean out:
- Ask yourself if you’ve ever worn it in the past year
- If it has a stain its time to hit the road (some of you may think this is a given; unfortunately for me it is not LOL)
- Set aside items that may need repairs; at the end you can decide if its worth your time to fix them or not
- A big thing I’ve learned about purging too is that if you look at something and don’t find yourself WANTING to wear it then send it on to a new home!
- Once you’ve laid out the items that you know you no longer want its time to separate them out….
This year I unfortunately don’t have the time to barter a ton over Poshmark so I am going to try and take as much to Clothes Mentor as I can. If you live in Columbus this retailer accepts gently used clothes from certain retailers only. Here is the link to their website: https://www.clothesmentor.com/
Once I’ve filtered out everything that I can take to Clothes Mentor, its time to decide whether the item is worthy to be sold on Poshmark. Try to only choose items that are not only in great condition but can be resold at a price worth paying for shipping and the time to do so. Then whatever you have left can be taken to Good Will!
For my Columbus followers, there is a new retailer that opened up in the Easton area that purchases gently used clothing as well! I’m going to pay them a visit this week and will let you know if I think it’s worth it!
What are some of the things you like to cross of your list before the new year? Let me know in the comments!
I still have a little more organizing to do but purging shoes alone was a big help!
Happy Tuesday folks!